Saint Mark Catholic Church and School is seeking a principal for the 2017-2018 school year, starting July 1, 2017. Saint Mark Catholic School is a thriving private school in the coastal city of Wilmington, NC. We have provided 15 continuous years of a solid Catholic school education and currently serve over 500 children per year.
The successful candidate will be:
- A spiritual leader that fosters Catholic identity by actively participating in the faith life of the parish community and providing opportunities for faith development of the school and parish community.
- An instructional and academic leader that maintains a positive learning environment, encourages and supports the professional development of the faculty and staff, and guides teachers in reviewing the current curriculum and instructional methods.
- An administrator that works with the Pastor, church staff, and the school faculty and staff to develop and promote a positive vision for the school.
- An effective communicator who articulates the mission, philosophy and vision of the school to all constituents, and who builds community within the parish.
- Practicing Catholic in good standing.
- Master’s Degree or higher in Education or closely related field.
- Hold or be eligible to obtain a NC Department of Public Instruction license.
- Five or more years of combined experience as a classroom teacher and school administrator, preferably in a K-8 private school setting.
- Strong communication and leadership skills with the ability to inspire a culture of teamwork.
Interested candidates may submit the following items electronically to email@example.com:
- A cover letter containing your vision of Catholic education and suitability for this position
- Resume with detailed professional experience
- Relocation assistance provided
- Salary competitive with experience and academic accomplishments
About the Employer
The mission of Saint Mark Catholic School is to nurture each child as an individual in a caring, Catholic, Christian environment so that his/her uniqueness can contribute to God's plan for the world.
Saint Mark Catholic School successfully serves a parent community committed to the traditions of a quality Catholic school education. One hundred percent of the faculty holds the appropriate licensing for their positions. They are supported by teacher assistants and have access to state-of-the-art technology to support their professional practice.
For more information about Saint Mark Catholic School visit the website at www.smcsnc.org.