The Catholic Diocese of Raleigh has an immediate need for an Annual Appeals Manager who will be responsible for administrative functions associated with planning, organization and execution of the Bishop’s Annual Appeal, the Priests’ Retirement Collection, the USCCB second collections and any other special collections that may arise as directed by the Annual Appeals Director and/or the Director of Parish Stewardship. The Annual Appeals Manager is responsible for stewarding the 1500 + donors with individual attention and creating donor recognition events. The second critical focus is creating a year-round culture of storytelling through an integrated social media campaign working independently to communicate and market the Bishop’s Annual Appeal initiative not only to donors, but also to diocesan parishes, missions, schools and Catholic Center Staff.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively identifies, organizes, and directs efforts to develop a Top 1000 base of major BAA donors, cultivate a specialized diocesan-donor relationship, and manage Bishop’s Circle events for this group.
- Manages the marketing and timely execution of all Parish Stewardship Department Grants.
- Answers and responds to BAA and departmental phone calls, maintaining record-keeping, database, mailing and filing system as necessary.
- Primary responsibility for collaborating on 2020 annual Regional Stewardship conferences with Dioceses of Charlotte and Charleston, organizing, and promoting the event, enlisting speakers, managing any logistics and budget
- Sole responsibility for accurate and timely gift acknowledgements, thank you letters, and pledge reminders by processing gift acknowledgments twice monthly, pledge reminders monthly, and tax letters annually on the 15th of each December.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field
- One to three years of experience in fundraising/stewardship and marketing
- Experience working in a team environment and strong ability to multi-task required
- Ability to meet deadlines with a strong sense of urgency is necessary
- Ability to work effectively with donors, staff, contractors, and others
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (including Word, Publisher, PowerPoint) and Blackbaud Raiser's Edge
- Excellent quantitative analytical skills and creativity in problem solving
- Practicing Catholic who possesses a sound working knowledge of the Catholic faith