The Roman Catholic Diocese of Raleigh, North Carolina has an immediate need for an entry level accounting professional. Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Staff Accountant will support the organization by performing a variety of key accounting duties.
- Process accounts payable weekly for Catholic Charities organization and provide back-up support to Diocese of Raleigh accounts payable.
- Support payroll manager in processing of bi-weekly diocesan-wide payroll and back-up support to the accounts receivable specialist in billing parishes for payroll, diocesan allocations, and other miscellaneous items.
- Prepare month-end close balance sheet reconciliations and journal entries for accrued and prepaid expenses, flexible spending accounts, foundation accounts, and other accounts as assigned.
- Maintain month-end close general ledger journal books. Prepare and distribute month-end financial statements to internal and external users.
- Assist in the preparation of reconciliations and reports for the annual audit of financial statements.
- Prepare quarterly sales tax and use refund and other tax filings as needed.
- Manage the fixed assets general ledger system including reconciling accounts, additions and disposition of assets, inventory.
- BS in Accounting and 0 – 2 years accounting experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Dependable, team oriented individual