Click the following links to make donations online:
Donor Advised Fund
A donor advised fund (DAF) is a charitable giving program that allows you to combine the most favorable tax benefits with the flexibility to support your favorite causes.
If you have a donor advised fund, DAF Direct enables you to recommend grants to this nonprofit directly from your DAF (as long as your DAF's sponsoring organization is participating).
Other Ways to Give
Cash - The simplest way to give. Your cash gifts are deductible up to 50 percent of your adjusted gross income for the taxable year. Any used portion is deductible over the next five years.
Stock - The best stocks to donate are those that have increased greatly in value, particularly those producing a low yield. Download stock donation form. If you have an account administered by Computershare, please use this form (PDF) to initiate a transfer of your shares.
Real Estate - If you own property that is fully paid off and has appreciated in value, an outright gift may be the simplest solution. You can deduct the fair market value of your gift, avoid all capital gains taxes and remove that asset from your taxable estate.
Gifts in Kind - Gifts-in-kind (books, works of art, etc.) are deductible at the full fair-market value if they are related to the activities of the Catholic Church and have been held for more than one year by the donor. Unrelated gifts-in-kind also may be made but will not qualify for a tax deduction.
Bargain Sale - The Diocese purchases property from you for less than fair market value or accepts a gift of mortgaged property. The transaction is considered part sale and part gift. You are paid cash for the sale price. The gap between the fair market value of the property (or other item) and the sale price is considered a charitable donation. With the cash you receive you can pay off an existing mortgage and even purchase other property. You would avoid paying tax on the appreciated gain on the part of the property that is a gift.
Matching Gifts - Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions made by their employees. Some companies match gifts made by retirees and/or spouses. If your company has a matching gift program, request a matching gift form from your employer, and send it completed and signed with your gift to the Stewardship and Advancement, 7200 Stonehenge Dr., Raleigh NC 27613. We will do the rest. The impact of your gift to the Diocese or your parish may be doubled or possibly tripled!
Vehicle Donation - Have an old car taking up space in your driveway? You can donate it to the Diocese of Raleigh. Visit the Vehicle Donation Program page for information about donating cars, trucks, RVs, boats, and more.
Where Your Gift Is Needed
"Inspired by no earthly ambition the Church seeks but a solitary goal: to carry forward the work of Christ Himself under the lead of the befriending Spirit. And Christ entered this world to give witness to the truth, to rescue and not sit in judgment, to serve and not be served." Gaudium et Spes
Your gift is needed to help continue to spread God's word and to help the ministries of the Diocese of Raleigh in Eastern North Carolina.
An unrestricted gift to the Diocese of Raleigh is a contribution upon which a donor places no restrictions. These gifts provide flexibility for the Bishop to meet the needs of our fast-growing Diocese. These types of gifts also provide the Bishop with funds for unexpected needs throughout the year. Unrestricted funds are extremely important because so many needs cannot be anticipated and do not fall within specific ministries.
A restricted gift is one in which a donor indicates that gifted funds should be used for a specific purpose. Below is a list of specific areas in which your gift. While the Bishop’s Annual Appeal supports some of the ministries below, you may wish to make gifts in addition to your BAA gift to support a specific ministry.
- African Ancestry Ministry and Evangelization: Your gift helps the Diocese create an atmosphere in which individuals of African descent can maintain their identity, heighten their visibility, and enhance their lives as Catholics. For more information, please visit: African Ancestry Ministry.
- Campus Ministry: Your gift helps to nurture Catholic leaders for society and for the Church. For information, please visit Campus Ministry.
- Catholic Schools Office: Your gift helps to provide support for Catholic schools and early childhood centers to create quality education within a Catholic environment that fosters the current and future development of the whole child. For more information, please visit: Catholic Schools.
- Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Raleigh: Your gift helps to provide a wide range of services including advocating for social and economic justice as well as providing for those in need with emergency resources or direct services. Programs are available to individuals and families regardless of race, creed, religion, ability to pay. For more information, please visit: Catholic Charities.
- Child and Youth Protection Office: Your gift helps promote human dignity by creating and maintaining safe and healthy environments for all who come to us seeking an experience of the holy presence of God. For more information, please visit: Child & Youth Protection.
- Vocations: Your gift to vocations supports formation of Seminarians for the Priesthood, Candidates for the Permanent Diaconate, and the various efforts of promoting vocations to the Priesthood, Consecrated Religious Life and Diaconate. For more information please visit: Vocations.
- Evangelization and Discipleship: Your gift helps educate and form youth and adults in the knowledge and practice of their faith, strengthening their relationship to Jesus Christ and His Church. Ministries under this department include: Youth and Young Adult, Catechetical, Lay Ministry Formation, and Marriage and Family. For more information please visit Evangelization & Discipleship.
- Hispanic Ministry: Your gift provides funding for faith formation programs for children, youth and adults, support of parishes establishing bilingual or Spanish language programs, and support for pre-matrimonial workshops and retreats for married couples. For more information, please visit: Hispanic Ministry.
- Home Mission Society: your gift supports the construction of mission churches and chapels in the mission areas of the Diocese of Raleigh. For more information, please visit: Home Mission Society
- Diocesan Priest Retirement Fund: We have been blessed with many men who choose a life of sacrifice to serve the Lord and the needs of all in our Diocese. When these men retire from active service, we, as people of God, are called to help support them in their retirement years so that they may live out those years free of anxiety of how their basic needs will be provided. Your gift helps to provide retirement pay for these men of God.
To learn more about ways to give to the Diocese of Raleigh, its parishes, schools, ministries and Catholic Charities please contact the Office of Stewardship and Advancement at (919) 821-9772, or by email to email@example.com.